In what can only be described as shear genius, Stephanie Gray, a geography major, created a map (oh, how wonderful GIS is when used appropriately) showing the location of all the area codes Luda drops in his classic, Area Codes, for a blog called Stange Maps.
She drew some intriguing conclusions based on the distribution of Luda’s “hoes”:
- “Ludacris heavily favors the East Coast to the West, save for Seattle, San Francisco, Sacramento, and Las Vegas.”
- “Ludacris travels frequently along the Boswash corridor.”
- “There is a ‘ho belt‘ phenomenon nearly synonymous with the ‘Bible Belt’.”
- “Ludacris has hoes in the entire state of Maryland.”
- “Ludacris has a disproportionate ho-zone in rural Nebraska. He might favor white women as much as he does black women, or perhaps, girls who farm.”
- “Ludacris’s ideal ‘ho-highway’ would be I-95.”
- “Ludacris has hoes in the Midway and Wake Islands. Only scientists are allowed to inhabit the Midway Islands, and only military personnel may inhabit the Wake Islands. Draw your own conclusion.”
Sure, some of the area codes Luda dropped may only be in there for rhyming reasons, but wouldn’t it be amazing if he had “hoes” in every one of these area codes? I personally don’t know how he has all this time, especially since he’s busy saving Asian immigrants from Asian American slave owners…
*Please note that BcB does not endorse or condone Luda’s use of the term ho or hoes when describing females, especially since the song was originally released on the Rush Hour 2 soundtrack. It also doesn’t help that Nate Dogg is rockin Kobe’s #8 in the video.